Monday, December 21, 2020

Project 365, Week 50

Already this week I was starting to feel the convergence of activities. There's more work to do than time and Christmas is quickly approaching. I think of past years when we were heavily involved in shows, ballets, concerts and somehow got it all done. Shaun and I both prefer the slower pace, but we're like elastics and can be stretched pretty far without snapping. :)


December 7 

Some days I skip it all together, sometimes I spend 10 minutes on social media. This was the gem of the day, something I have painstakingly worked out and settled in my heart and is still such a good reminder.


Shaun and I attended a virtual three-day conference. In one of the break out sessions, this nice lady had a much different style than me. The amount of color of stuff made me a little twitchy.


December 8
Aiden left his watch at the soccer field and asked if I'd take him to retrieve it. When we got there it was mostly dark and the gate to the park was locked so we had to trek through snow...if I'd known that, I wouldn't have worn slides. Being out there was somewhere between freaky and enchanting. Ah...a mothers love. :)


December 9
Sweet JBQ crew. What a sad goodbye to two of our members moving out of state. 


December 10
Silent morning, holy morning.


December 11
Brisk, icy and life-giving walk.


The girls had an upcoming Winter's Ball at youth group and were contemplating going all out with the ball theme so we went to a bridal/formal thrift store. I had a moment in there when I thought, wow...very soon we'll be in a similar store picking out a wedding dress for one of the girls.
 

December 12
Amanda and Shaun worked at the new office for most of the day. Christmas time is and especially motivating time to get up early on a Saturday to earn some money.


Back at the ranch, Avery was caring for littles, of which we collected several over the weekend.





December 13
Its so beautiful to watch the mutually beneficial relationship between my teens and the toddlers. 



Evie was crying for no good reason, as girls are apt to do. Dakota, who was happily playing elsewhere, heard the tears and came rushing over to see if he could help, offering her first her coat and then a bouquet of flowers. So sweet!




I discovered this hearty bloom as I was buttoning up some yard work.




We ate a yummy dinner and streamed Hip Hop Nutcracker. It wasn't bad, it just didn't meet expectations. It didn't take long for the room to mostly clear out. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.