Friday, January 15, 2021

Let's Do 52...Out of Focus

Who can say if it'll last past one post but here we are. Taking pictures and writing are both life-giving hobbies to me so I'd like to blog a little more often and I also am determined to get to know my camera better and improve my photography skills this year after just "maintaining" for many years. I found a 52-week photography challenge that I'll attempt. The fact that I'm jumping in on week three instead of waiting a full year to start on January 1st shows that I am growing as a person, so there's that (it does bother me to have missed the first two weeks, but I am pressing on!).

This week we just happened to be in New York City, where there are sounds and lights and smells everywhere. The perfect place for taking pictures! For me, the city is a bittersweet place. 

Bittersweet: being at once bitter and sweetespecially pleasant but including or marked by elements of suffering or regret

Its here my life was saved and very nearly taken, where I experienced my greatest pain and most complete healing. Its so special to me here and also I disdain it. But on this day, there was only gratitude. I'm thankful to be alive, thankful for another year.


Out of Focus




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.