Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Project 365, Week 2

The week after the holidays can sometimes be a tough transition but we eased into both school and work pretty easily. We will continue settling into a routine that will carry us through the remainder of the winter and tax season. The routine not terribly flashy or exciting, which is just the way we like it. :)

As a country, it was another tough week. There's so much pain and hopelessness and confusion. We've got to love and give and be a light in our little corner of the world. And we've got to have eyes that see the blessings all around us and hearts that choose gratitude.

January 4
We finally got to see Jay to exchange Christmas gifts. Naturally, Ginger got a present, too.

January 5

Mornings and fresh new year studies.

January 6

I like to be home when the kids get dropped off from school. Sometimes work is just too busy, but I try to keep that boundary as much as possible. Avery is back working as receptionist, so that often leaves just the three of us.


We scoped out the back of our house from the other street, where they've begun construction on a new house which will give us close neighbors.

January 7

Another day, another walk in pretty light with awesome kids.



January 8

I went to do my annual CT Scan and MRI. Going in to the day I was more anxious than I usually am, I think just from being out of practice after taking more than a year "off" (don't worry...most of my people have already tsk-tsked me for going such a long stretch without a check-up).

It was later in the day so appointments were back logged but the place had also quieted down. Four nurses and I got to hang out and chat and tell funny stories of lost dogs and children. Amidst all the hard that has been demanded of them and required of me, these were moments of beauty and grace.

Pro Tip: do not ever decline the offer of a warm blanket.

When I got home, the girls were staying at Auntie Sarah's house for the night and my boys were playing cards and doing a fantasy draft. Clearly I wasn't needed so I got some extra reading in. :)


January 9
There were several training sessions for work so I put in headphones and got the house cleaned and disinfected.


One of about 30 surprises left on my phone. I love these girls so much. They are teenager-ing so gracefully and keep each other accountable to be the best version of themselves. Silly, sweet girls.

January 10

It was a lovely Sunday, with a beautiful start to the day.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.