Thursday, March 11, 2021

Project 365, Week 10

I was surprised to see that I'd gotten a picture everyday...the days blur together and seem to run right into each other. I was on the lookout for gifts and blessings because they are always there, it just depends on where my focus is.

March 1
I was home to meet the kids off the bus and we had some quiet moments.


March 2

Homework, music, puzzles.


March 3

My only picture from the day, I guess. When I accepted this drop off envelope from a customer it tickled me to see "yes" where a tax professional's name traditionally goes.


March 4

Another day, another send off into the world of work and school. Ever grateful for the way our superintendent has handled Covid. What an advantage the kids have had being able to be in-person five days a week since September, both academically and emotionally.

March 5

Pokemon cards are all the rage right now with Aiden and his cousin. I try really hard to listen and pay attention and care when he's talking about them because its a gift that he shares with me.


Also a gift....the evening before, Shaun ducked out of the office for a few hours to take the kids on an outing, as evidenced by the leftover cup. He's working so much right now but is still so intentional about keeping his priorities in line. 


March 6
Incredibly, another niece/nephew is graduating high school and my sister and her husband are just about to launch another human into the world. We got to see the senior festivities streamed.


A Saturday afternoon at home meant lots of chores. Amanda was down the hall cleaning the kids bathroom with Wicked showtunes blasting. It was nice to be working "side by side" with her.


March 7
We woke our teens up to watch the 9am service.


Our pastor talked about how God made us for community and gave just a small sampling of what scripture says about it:

We are to love one another
Have concern for one another
Carry each others burdens
Serve one another in love
Instruct one another
Be devoted to one another
Be kind and compassionate toward one another
Encourage one another
Build each other up
Spur one another on towards love and good deeds
Pray for one another

The 2020 statistics, say that the leading cause of death for people 40 and under was not Covid or cancer, but suicide. We were made for relationship with each other.

We've opted to go back to church in person after tax season, but I did go to work in the finance office and take pictures this day. Seeing people who I used to see multiple times a week but haven't seen in a year is so great!


The kids classes will be meeting again and they held a fun kick-off that Amanda got to sing in. Love seeing her in action, using her gifts.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.