Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Project 365, Week 21



May 17
LAST day tax season!!! We did big things with a small team and another tax season is down.


May 18
This day was a company-wide dinner to celebrate a successful season and we opted to have it at the new office. We picked the kids up early from school so they could help with the preparations and we ended up having  quality family time opportunities for character growth for all.



We sat around the campfire and the kids adventured in the stream. It was a lovely evening to be outside and we all started to exhale a bit.






May 19
What a treat to be home when the kids got off the bus!


It was a lovely evening to photograph my first engagement shoot since 2014! It was amazing to dust off the cobwebs and remember how much I love documenting love, especially for two of my favorite people.


May 20
Daily faithfulness. Its unexpected how much power is in doing small, right, unglamorous things daily. Shaun's been watering the grass twice a day for a couple weeks and little by little its growing. That illustration can be applied to SO much of life.


May 21
Often Shaun, Aiden and I go out to dinner while the girls are at youth group. In another month he'll be joining them (ack!!) so we're enjoying the time we have left. At a place where they're known for their wings, Aiden ordered the "Its Complicated" level.  They were so hot he had to wait until we got home to eat them so he could wear rubber gloves and drink milk. So many things in life I don't understand.


May 22
My soon-to-be niece in-law (Is that a thing?? The first of my 25 nieces and nephews is getting married this year!! :) was in her only brother's wedding. I could sympathize because I distinctly remember the feeling that I was losing my brother at his wedding more than 20 years ago. My tears were not because I thought the wedding was happy or beautiful...I was sad! But now I'm so thankful for my SIL! She's perfectly suited for my brother and they have built a beautiful family together.

Anyway, Kelly looked so pretty and the wedding was super sweet.





Cousins!

We took several kids to spend the day with us while their parents were at the reception. First stop was Aiden's second soccer game of the day. I love watching Shaun coach.  He's passionate, patient, instructive.









May 23
We attended a regular service for the first time in more than a year. There were many things we liked about watching church at home together, but it is good and right that we go back in-person. What a gift to see the faces of so many people we love!


Some dear friends were in town for a few days so we gathered a few to do the evening with. I didn't have it in me to do a meal, but Amy had my back...she brought everything and the weather was great to linger on the porch.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.