Friday, June 25, 2021

Project 365, Week 23

I had resolved to do a better job staying current with posts, but here I am posting June 1st on June 25th. I shall re-up my efforts! 

This week was a weird mix of school and the beginning of summer vacation and a soul-sucking pace with the office building renovation. I think often of one of my favorite quotes:

“All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

We begin on Tuesday because of Memorial Day.

June 1
Last day of school for the high schoolers, other than finals, which were mostly projects to hand in remotely. 


There's the tiniest little flowers stand around the corner from our neighborhood and its peonies season!! Also, Shaun picked a rose for me, so I was feeling the flower love. :)


June 2
Our TBQ bribery game is strong. 


Shaun's been diligently teaching a fairly willing Aiden skills he will use for the rest of his life...plumbing, electric. Shaun remembers that when he was 16 my dad taught him how to sheetrock.


June 3
Amanda and I covered Avery's babysitting job while she wrapped up her AP Biology final...yay for college credits! Also, this little guy is so sweet and both my girls are great with this age.


Shaun and I met at our old house with the couple that's been renting. They signed a contract to buy it and we're really hoping everything goes through later this summer.



June 4
Its a hard knock life.



June 5
Years have been taken off of my life being the keeper's mom, Amanda in her early years and now Aiden. Goodness! They flourish under pressure and I can barely watch it unfold.







Happy to have some cousins around!! The girls SO enjoy being together.


June 6
And they are good, willing workers. :)



We spent a lovely afternoon celebrating Nathanael's high school graduation. Friends, family and good food made for SUCH a nice time. 




















So, so good to see my aunt and uncle after going our longest stretch ever. Too long! Cue The Muppets Together Again. :)

My sister and her husband are an amazing parenting team. They started in their early 20's yet somehow knew how to do it well. I admire them and am grateful they've raised kids that mine can look up to. Also, they are exceptional hosts and so generous with their place. 


1 comment:

  1. Is that a giant Columbo head at the pool? (I think Columbo? Or maybe Nathan? Perhaps I don't know your family as well as I think I do - ha!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.