Sunday, April 24, 2022

April's 10 on 10


10 pictures on the 10th day (Sunday) of the month! 
{Document a snapshot of your life...find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}

Because life, whether I'm dealing with cancer or humans or the girl in the mirror, life is too much for me to do on my own. 

Do not yield to fear, for I am always near. Never turn your gaze 
from me, for I am your faithful God. I will infuse you with 
my strength and help you in every situation. I will hold you 
firmly with my victorious right hand. Is 41:10


He is faithful.


This was Aiden's last flag football game. He and his bros enjoyed playing together a couple times a week in a very low-key league. It was the perfect way to stay active in the last weeks of cold weather.


And then we were off to New York City. I didn't know MRIs were even scheduled on the weekends but they squeezed me in, anxious to check things out, and actually its preferable because traffic is easier. Since it was a Sunday, we thought it'd be nice to make it a family day. 


They dropped me at the door to do my MRI and they headed to the Met, which was within walking distance of the hospital. This hospital entrance triggers deep feelings. Some of my hardest days have been spent here and also, I am still here, alive, today because of this place.



We've learned to make lemonade out of lemons, to find and celebrate good because rarely does life look like we envisioned.




On our way home we stopped for dinner at a family-favorite restaurant.


Then we drove back to the suburbs while watching the backside of a beautiful sunset. It was a good day.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.