Friday, April 8, 2022

Doing Battle, Week 79 & 80

I woke up on this morning feeling great! I worked out and then went for a walk with the dog...it was quiet, brisk and we got to watch the sun come up. 


The next morning I woke up with hip and back pain, which initially I thought was just from my workouts but after giving it several days, I called the radiologist to report the change.

Its completely irrational, but I have a fear that one of these times the doctor will call me out as a wimp, telling me its not as bad as I say. I expect myself and others to "man up" and toughness is a virtue to me.

Anyway, this new development slowed me waaay down. Shaun is happy to sit with me in the evenings, quietly reading like I pictured doing when we were eighty.


I started doing some planning for my flowers. I'm not a natural, but I enjoy it and try to learn something new each year. For instance, last year my aunt casually talked about her color scheme and I'd never even considered going with a theme, I just pick the ones I like. I took great delight in scrolling through the beauty of plants and living things.


 
One day Avery said, this house is such a mess! I normally do 15-20 minutes of maintenance a day that they don't see and it doesn't take long for a disaster to strike without the daily care.


We're working on getting them more involved.

Aiden: Mom, this is how you spend your life?? Ha!



Now it works best when I'm sitting at my standing desk. We're all about being flexible! Work has been a useful diversion but also challenging to muscle through. But we just keep doing what needs to be done, giving it our best.



God, You will keep me in perfect and constant peace as my mind 
is steadfast [that is, committed and focused on You] 
Because I trust and take refuge in You, with 
hope and confident expectation. Is 26:3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.