Thursday, May 5, 2022

Project 365, Week 17

Relaxing, slow, family time, memories made. It was such a great week in Florida!

April 25
When I checked the weather before we left, it looked pretty perfect, and it really ended up being just-right, no-complaints temperatures, with no humidity. 



I got asked out on a date...breakfast on the beach with the most amazing guy.


The office, Florida style.




















April 26


This was our Busch Gardens day. Those with devices that keep track logged between 5-8 miles of walking for the day. Walking any distance with my broken hip is difficult but I wanted to be with everyone. So I swallowed my pride and rented a scooter that allowed me participate in the day. It proved to be one of the funnest rides in the park . :) 


































We were back for sunset, pool and poker.




April 27
We had a day by the pool, with corn hole, pickle ball


















Sarah made these adorable t-shirts and custom sunglasses and with the promise of ice cream after, we got a couple minutes out of the kids for a photo shoot. These are all the cousins on Shaun's side, just missing Jared, who had to stay back to work. So, so cute!




















April 28
It brought me to tears more than once to think, I am here. And I get another day to live and breathe...what an astounding gift.




If you have to meet with an oncologist, doing it while on vacation in paradise is the way to go....there was not much news to report.



Poker with Nana, she whipped them all!






Everyone got dressed, ready to go to Melting Pot, a tradition my kids have grown to love.




April 29
This was our last day. We hit the pool, hit the beach and shared a pancake breakfast with Nana and company before they left.

















Just SO beautiful and life-giving.




Then we loaded up the car and hit the road toward home. Chick-fil-A is a unanimous family favorite and woven into the memories of road trips.



April 30
The trip home was smooth, the kids were great travelers. We saw the Washington Monument from the road and I noted that I'd be back there in a couple days.


And NYC I'd see two more times in as many days.


We got home with enough minutes to unload the car, collect gear and head to Aiden's soccer game.




Back to double sweatshirts. :)


May 1 
Lots of porch sitting, because rest is what my body required. Amy stopped for a visit and Ginger is always a faithful companion.


 

1 comment:

  1. Amazing pictures. The white sand beach and turquoise waters are just.....amazing! What a fun trip. My fave pic of all, though, is Nana and John sitting holding hands.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.