Tuesday, December 30, 2008

And Baby Makes Five


Sometime in July we'll get to meet our newest blessing. The girls, particularly Avery, are so excited. She immediately fired off several rounds of questions, mostly just repeating and clarifying what we had told her.

After a while I said, "Avery this baby isn't going to come for a long, LONG time. It won't be until after your birthday." Amanda, who up to this point had let her sister do most of the talking, piped up and said, "She not eat my birthday cake!" Uh, we'll see what we can do.


When we asked them if they wanted a brother or sister, Avery said, "It's a girl for me and a boy for Amanda." Since we haven't yet heard a heartbeat or had an ultrasound we are hoping its not some sort of child's intuition going on. One will be quite enough.

When Amanda was born Avery was barely 17 months old so it will be fun this time to have both girls old enough to share in the excitement and anticipation.

Answers to common questions, yes we will be finding out the gender and yes, I am feeling good.

13 comments:

  1. Hurray! I gasped out loud when I read this post. So excited for you and your family. I look forward to many post about how your girls react to your pregnancy. HOW FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ConGRaTuLAtiONs!!! Such exciting news!!!! The girls are so adorable with their little signs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congratulations!
    I love the signs :)
    Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!!! That is so exciting! The pic of the girls is just precious. How wonderful that they are so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What fun! Welcome to the world of five :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so very happy for you!!! Congratulations and I'm sure the excitement will be shared among your girls. How fun. Glad to know you are feeling good. Did you tell your family as a Christmas present?

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) That's awesome news! Congratulations Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!! :o) I bet you have been anxious to write this post. The timing, as you said is beautiful for the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoo hoo...very excited for you guys....You are right where we were 6 years ago. Three kids in four years. Hello minivan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! What wonderful news! I look forward to sharing all the excitement with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If it were not already after midnight here, I would have literally screamed out lout! How absolutely wonderful! Glad you're feeling good, and the girls look so excited. Yay! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did I miss this?! Oy vey! HUGE congratulations. I'm so excited for you. Babies are ALWAYS a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.