Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mighty Hunters

The other day Avery excitedly came in to tell me that I HAD to come out and see something.  I followed her out only to find that they'd been digging for worms.  One hundred!  Or thirty!   I must say, it continually surprises me that they are so intrigued with worms, especially Avery.  I do my very best to hide the fact that I would really rather not touch those squirmy, squishy things.

After they'd been digging a little longer, I had to go out again and see that now they had six-twenty-nine

Later they called Shaun out because they'd found a really BIG worm...a snake.  They got talking about snakes and the fact that, among other things, they eat bugs.  

Amanda: Do we like snakes?
Shaun: Yes, we like snakes because they eat bugs.
Amanda: Do they eat mosquitoes?
Shaun: They don't eat mosquitoes though because they cannot fly.
Amanda: Well, I saw a snake flying yesterday.

Gotta love the gospel according to a three year-old. :)










Nations will see and be ashamed, 

       deprived of all their power. 
       They will lay their hands on their mouths 
       and their ears will become deaf.



  They will lick dust like a snake, 

       like creatures that crawl on the ground. 
       They will come trembling out of their dens; 
       they will turn in fear to the LORD our God 
       and will be afraid of you.



  Who is a God like you, 

       who pardons sin and forgives the transgression 
       of the remnant of his inheritance? 
       You do not stay angry forever 
       but delight to show mercy.





Micah 7:16-18

1 comment:

  1. Hey...its really fun playing with creepy crawlies. You should join them next time! =D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.