Friday, September 17, 2010

Wicked in Boston

This past weekend I got to spend some time in my favorite city, Boston.  Everytime I'm there I formulate plans in my head to swap houses with a family for a year.  Its too far from our families to live there permanently, but I think it would be a great experience for a year.

We had a beautiful day for walking around the city and we caught a show that we'd had tickets for since there was snow on the ground.  To be honest, I was skeptical going in to Wicked.  First of all, I very much dislike the Wizard of Oz, always have.  Second, I make it a point to not watch or read things with "wicked" in the title.  You know, Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Pr 4:23.  But I went on the recommendation of so many who had seen it and raved about it.   And it was.  So good.  The story line was amazing and so was the music.

It was a great day with great friends.  AND, I get to go back in a couple weeks to meet my friend Sara.











3 comments:

  1. these pictures just get me so excited!!! This will be the slowest week ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was on Sara's blog 2 days ago and saw she was planning a trip to Boston and had plans to try and meet you. I wondered if it was going to work and now I know. That will be very cool. Glad Wicked didn't diappoint you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed Wicked, too, when we went a few years ago. The music is definitely what got me!

    You and Sara together?! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.