Thursday, December 9, 2010

Gingerbread House

I was pleased that Avery started asking about the gingerbread house before I'd thought of it.  When we found some time to put it together on Sunday morning, the girls were surprisingly still in their pajamas (Avery usually likes to get dressed first thing).  AND, they both just happened to wear Christmas jammies...I swear I did not set it up in the name of a photo op. :)

I always so a kit because, well...I've got a laundry list of reasons.  Though the expectations are low with a boxed kit, this years' seemed a bit cheesy even by those standards.  But, we made the best of it.

 Little Brother and Trot stayed close by, just in case a stray candy fell to the floor




 The finished product.  Sadly, the gingerbread tree did not make it past the green icing person.  We had fun and carried on a tradition..mission accomplished!

Yet you, LORD, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; 
we are all the work of your hand.
Isaiah 64:8


*Updated*
This is what our gingerbread house looked like just one hour after I did the post.  That's what happens when a little puppy pulls the table runner off the server.  



What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?
Romans 9:22
(Thanks for the verse suggestion, Tim!)

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.