Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Rain on My Parade


Independence Day started out gray and then quickly turned into a washout.

The kids had been asked to be part of the float with Christian Life Church, who were spreading the word about their upcoming sports camp.  I was happy to donate all six of my kids.  :)  Parades are not the kind of thing you can easily cancel so, despite the weather, the show went on.

I snagged a group shot just before we walked down to Main Street. (Aiden was having a frustrated moment...poor dude was sick of these other five big kids telling him what to do).

 Auntie and Uncle Nathan were marching, too, so that turned up the fun factor.
 The rain came before the parade even started and never let up.

 (standing under a tree)



 The cuteness!


 The Mega Sports Camp was my favorite, but these two floats were also fun.

Shaun and I enjoyed the scene from the shelter of a borrowed umbrella.
 Later we went home to change and eat before settling into a family movie in lieu of the cookout we'd planned on attending.  We ate red, white and blue popsicles, fruit salad and happy birthday America cake.

 For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. 
Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love.
Galatians 5:13

1 comment:

  1. Looks like most folks had fun making the best of a drizzly day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.