Thursday, February 11, 2016

February's 10 on 10

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month,  (Wednesday).
{Document a snapshot of your life & find beauty among the ordinary things in your day! }


I got on the computer in the dark wee hours while the house slept to get some work done. It has been very challenging to get anything done with snow days and one high-maintenance kid who isn't attending school.


My favorite two ways to pray are writing and walking (obviously I need to choose just one at a time ;). While its cold outside, I pace in my kitchen.


Its been a process getting H transferred to a school where we live. This was day two in a row at this particular school, talking to people, filling out paperwork, registering for classes, etc.

When we arrived it was freezing and snowing. Usually we have to buzz in though someone let us in the front entrance then said, we're in lockdown, so you'll have to stay here. What? Why did you let us in?? Thankfully, it was just a drill. So incredibly sad that our kids live in a world where those drills are necessary.


Finally I'd gathered enough paperwork and met with enough people that we were able to proceed with picking classes for the remainder of H's freshman year.


The snow tapered, so we hit our three properties.


Then we went to the mall to get necessities like school pants and shoes. H immediately spotted these shoes on the wall as the coolest ones. I had silently noticed them right off too, but I noted to myself how ugly they were. The young sales guy supported H's opinion that they were really cool. I'm getting old!!


School pick up...one of the best times of the day.


From the library we borrowed Aiden a Star Wars book with a read-aloud CD...he was riveted.


When I went back to pick Amanda up from Knitting Club, I saw police cars and an ambulance. Fresh from my lock down drill earlier in the day my heart skipped a couple beats and I immediately started praying emergency prayers.  You know....the big fancy ones like Oh, Jesus!

They were doing CPR on Avery's classmate's grandpa, who was there to pick up his granddaughter. Sadly, he did not survive his heart attack.


Bedtime comes too soon for this little guy...he's ready by 7PM and still I have to wake him up in the mornings at 7:30 AM.


The big kids came in rosy-cheeked from night sledding.



2 comments:

  1. It's so wild that you're having to navigate high school so much sooner than you thought you would. I'm so glad that you guys are doing this very important ministry.

    Night sledding - um, no thank you very much! Kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad for Amanda's classmate's Grandpa. I feel like your little SM community deals with more than it's share of tragedy and struggle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.