Thursday, September 8, 2016

Out With The Old




I forgot to include a major happening in my weekly post, but its big enough that it really deserves a post of its own anyway.


We sold one of our apartment buildings!!



On the surface it may not seem like a big deal, but for our family, it represents a shift. We bought this building 20 years ago...a five-family with two offices in front. Its an old building so we were always swinging back and forth between basic upkeep and major projects. But with Shaun's diligence, the building became quite profitable and between this and other buildings, Shaun was able to primarily be a landlord.



But then he became a financial advisor  and the demands of the buildings began to be pesky. And then I got sick and the building, coupled with all of Shaun's other responsibilities became downright burdensome.



Once I started to feel good and we were able to come up for air, one of the first questions we asked was, what can we do to simplify our lives?? And selling this building is towards that end.


I'm so grateful for Shaun who leads our family with such wisdom and good business sense. I always tell him, when he's competing or working a deal...I'm glad I'm on your side! He's a fierce competitor and a shrewd negotiator and I love those things about him.


You would think with our new and improved simple life that we would go out after the closing and celebrate something so momentous as a house sale. And we did...we spent five minutes wolfing down dinner in the church's empty café before our duties began for the opening night of Mystery. Maybe we still have a little more work to do. ;)



1 comment:

  1. Simplifying is beautiful and worth celebrating, even if it's just a 5-minute dinner on the run and a high-five! Awesome to see how the building ended up being a blessing after so many years.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.