Thursday, January 12, 2017

January's 10 on 10

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month (Tuesday).
{Document a snapshot of your life & find beauty among the ordinary things in your day! }

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love.


Avery and I were up much of the night with her stomach bug.


I walked the kids to school and Amanda screamed/cried the whole way, Can we please take the car? I'm SO cold! Can we please take the car? I'm SO cold! Can we please take the car? I'm SO cold! Can we please take the car? I'm SO cold! My legs are burning!

Later when I got in the car to go to work, the temperature read 4 degrees. Oops....we probably should have taken the car to school. :(


Pretty scene on my drive.


So much to do!


A teacher called me from the high school, clearly just moments after the incident with H had happened. I could picture that her neck was still red and veins were popped out as she was relaying the events in the classroom. (she called me at work, I took the picture later...at 3:26, to be exact ;)


Back home with my girl, who was feeling much better.



And lucky girl, her siblings brought her homework home for her. :)


Sweetest Lego guy, who craves alone time just as much as his mom and dad.


Amanda found an empty photo album and got to work selecting pictures she'd like to print. "Mom, there aren't any good ones here." (in the 10,000 she was looking through ;)


After a heart to heart with H, sandwiched between basketball drop off and pickup, I felt it would be good to play a game together. Aiden got some help when his dad came home from work for the last bit of the game.


Life is messy and hard and full of blessings. At one point in my conversation with H he said "I wish life was easy".  In my head I said bah!, out loud I mentioned a verse found in the Bible and it was also referenced in church last night during a special service.

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33





3 comments:

  1. Oh man do I love this post. So much beauty- in the pictures and the life being lived! The pic of you at work is my fave- still not lost on me that you are OUT, at work! So thankful. And the story of Amanda on the walk to school is so great! "My legs are burning!" made me laugh out loud! The hand sanitizer on the homework table. :) The grace you pour out (the game) in the midst of busy-ness and hard stuff. Love it all! Keep your head up today Mama, you're doing GOOD WORK! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your scarf & earrings - very nice look! Sorry H had problems - it must be so hard to not have total control of yourself (I actually speak from experience - I often look back & wonder why the heck did I do THAT). I'm with Amanda - it's too cold! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your encouragement!

    The antibacterial products are now banned so the stockpile that parents bought at the beginning of the year got dispersed and sent home. And this is why i pay no attention to reports that caffeine is bad for you. It will change. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.