Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Project 365, Week 8

The office was short-staffed this week and it was still the very busy part of tax season, so I worked significantly more hours than usual. It required juggling and flexibility and even recruiting a little help (thanks Mom and Sienna!) and it made me glad every week is not like that. 


February 13
In my kitchen.



February 14
Shaun was able to reserve his evening, allowing him to be home just after 6PM. This meant we have dinner together as a family, a very rare treat these days. I lit a jar candle and put it in the center of the table. Shaun slid it over to right in front of the two of us, and that was our romantic Valentine's dinner. And so it goes.

Later, chess.


February 15
And the next day, more chess. It gets played every morning before work/school, every afternoon after school and its usually the last thing to happen before bed.

I worked 16 hours this day and was exhausted and bummed to have missed the girls game, but again, a day like this is highly unusual and I really enjoy my work.


February 16

Last game of the season, and we even won. The girls ended up being glad that they stuck it out and hopefully they picked up some skills and character, too. It was the first year the school has had a team in several years, so watch out for us next year! ;)



February 17
Feeling spring in the air!!


My nephew Nathanael had the opportunity to preach at youth group. He's in 8th grade and was able to summon the guts to get up there in front of his peers. I SO admire his bravery and heart.


February 18
The next day, my nephew Colombo had his last home hockey game and they had a special time of honoring the seniors (and the parents who helped them get here!). Very proud to be associated with him and amazed that he got here already.


The "up and comings". :)


February 19
Sunday was a pretty quiet day and the weather was amazing.


Photo worthy: these two played peacefully together for an extended amount of time...say, 30 minutes. Not a common occurrence. 


 

My first time sitting on the porch since the fall and the warm afternoon sun felt so nice. I had a reading partner (who was also packing a gun ;). I tried to chat with him a little but he was nearing the end of his Hardy Boys book and it was intense. :)


An extra-large helping of games (and a short work day for Shaun!)





1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great week! And talking about tax season reminds me that we can't remember if we've filed our city taxes yet - ha! I think I remember signing something, but we're not sure. Sign of the times - I'm hoping March is MUCH less crazy than February has been!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.