Saturday, February 11, 2017

February's 10 on 10

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month (Friday).
{Document a snapshot of your life & find beauty among the ordinary things in your day! }

Its always such a time of celebration to me when the sun comes up for a new day. To think...it happened again and I'm still here to witness it.


Reaction to 'Its a snow day!' announcement.


Every working parent knows the juggling required when school is cancelled last minute. Often I'm able to just take the day off and be with the kids, but this day a couple people called out so I was needed. Shaun was able to stay with them in the morning and then Grandma and Bobbi took over for a couple hours. When I left, the kids were already out adventuring.


Snowy view from office #1.


Snowy view from office #2.

Its been so cool to be part of the tax season this year. Shaun's brother owns the three offices and the brothers each head up one of the locations. Being on the "inside", I've been able to hear and see what a fantastic job they do. They are extremely knowledgeable of all things taxes and customer service is a priority. They've all been at it for many years and each have a very loyal following. People constantly rave to me about "their guy", without even knowing I'm related. I'm proud to be on their team.


Laryssa took over the front desk and I took over my kids + one. There are good things and bad about being able to sit up in a walker. :)


I took the kids to UCONN, where there is an incredible hill for sledding. Gavin and I stayed in the car away from the wind, and the others had a blast.


Avery is happiest when she has a baby in her arms.


I took H to youth group and got to spend a couple minutes with Maddy and C4. They are incredible humans and I love getting time with them.


The regular babysitters had called out, so they were in desperate need of someone to watch the youth worker's kids during youth group. I raised my hand. We read stories, did dress up and played with Floof (which is the strangest stuff!).


H loves the time he gets at youth group and he's got some good support in some of the leaders. I'm always so grateful for other adults who step in and speak life to him. Our family is so good about that, too.


When we got home, Shaun and the kids were wrapping up a Star Wars movie. I knew I'd be dealing with cranky kids the next day, but I don't begrudge him getting whatever time he can with the kids during tax season. Sometimes 10 o'clock at night is what works.




1 comment:

  1. Great post! I was going to take the kids sledding Friday but was afraid they'd be too cold once we got to wherever. It was probably me chickening out and projecting it on them! Isn't that little Friday night girl's hair just the most amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.