Thursday, May 9, 2019

Project 365, Week 17

This week had it all...appointments and work and vacation and sadness and excitement. Entertaining and relaxing. Hurt and happiness, fun and frustration. Typical week... ;)

April 22
The kids tried out the new game we got Shaun for his birthday. Still I marvel sometimes at how far we've come from the endless, painful games of UNO and Memory. :)


April 23
I took Avery to my hairdresser for a trim. She was super happy to get her haired thinned out a little. Gosh, she's growing up!


April 24
After seven (SEVEN!) years with braces, she is free of them! Understandably, she was ALL smiles!


We had a small office party, celebrating the end of the season. The evening got chilly fast but we braved the cool air to have toasty marshmallows.




April 25
First baseball game! The last two years we'd discouraged baseball because oof...its so long and boring! But he really wanted to play this year with his new friends and from everything we've heard, our new town has a great program.

This particular evening I was thankful for the long and boring as I tried to process walking through tough stuff with someone I love. Life is hard and this world is so broken. But there are also sweet little boys playing baseball. I don't understand it all.


April 26
While Shaun napped before having to drive through the night, I got this crew out of the house on an outing to get the oil changed and drop the dog at my sisters. They made a quick party out of free snacks and piped music.

April 27
We passed from Georgia to Florida with the car windows down, playing Cruisin' by the Florida Georgia Line band. It just happened to be playing on the radio last year right as we crossed the border, headed north from Florida into Georgia so now its a tradition! :)


Screens, headphones and sleep made the 21 hours a breeze. I drove from 5-8am, Shaun did the rest...he's got some Superman in him. I grew up on roadtrips, so part of the fun for me is the car time.


We arrived! SO good to be on vacation...warm sunshine and water and nothing to do. Our house was named "Absolute Paradise" and I was filled with so much gratitude to have made it there.


April 28
My view from the balcony I started each day. Just wow.


We were joined by Shaun's brother and his family and Shaun's grandparents. My kids adore having little cousins to dote on.


















1 comment:

  1. xoxoxo. I love the first FL picture with the bird and the beach. I also love that the street made the perfect "window" to see the sunrise. ...I'm grateful that amid the pain that little boys play baseball.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.