Monday, May 20, 2019

May's 10 on 10

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month (Friday).
{Document a snapshot of your life; find beauty among the ordinary things in your day! }

School mornings. When the kids were young I would hear parents complaining about how hard it was to get their kids out of bed (in highschool!!) and I always wondered why the parent was even involved and vowed not to do that. To that end, when each kid started school they were gifted with their very own alarm clock....no fighting or frustration with that part of the morning! Still a bit of a scramble to put their lunch together and eat breakfast.


Once every one is gone, I have some time to pick up around the house and leave a candy in each person's room who made their bed. Amanda's very good friends are always carefully lined up after a busy night of comforting snuggles.

The landlord does a first-class job of maintaining the plaza where the office is located.
The pace is so much more manageable now! But still sometimes I like to imagine I'm hiking in the scene behind me, maybe taking a rest stop at a babbling brook, contemplating God's goodness displayed in His creation.


Many afternoons I make a cup of coffee and sit with it for a couple minutes. It makes me feel like my life is luxurious...all the more if its on the porch, alone. ;)



The baby is taking steps and everyone is excited about it. :)

After school snuggles. I'm grateful I usually get to be home to greet the kids.

Baseball practice. He's responsible enough that I didn't feel bad leaving him for an hour...

...so we could go grocery shopping.

Snacks and playtime at the baseball field. Its so nice to have Shaun back from tax season so he could be home to transport the youth group kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.