Friday, May 24, 2019

Project 365, Week 19

I struggled this week in my head as I processed the hard of this life we've chosen....the love we give is costly and the outcome is out of our control. I leaned into Jesus, because its all bigger than me.

May 6
A lovely afternoon for games on the porch!


May 7
J's first day at her new job, a small-town grocery store just minutes from our house.


So sweet to watch Shaun working with the girls on soccer before Aiden's game. (Sweet from a distance because there was likely some level of arguing involved).



May 8
Shaun surprised the kids by taking them to see End Game after school. That meant I was home, alone for several hours, an extremely rare occurence. I mostly did yardwork, but it was incredible.


May 9
He's a faithful reader of the comics section.

This is our yard. In our entire neighborhood there is not another house with dandelions. Shaun picked up some lawn treatment stuff to deal with it. I was so proud of Avery for questioning, "why would we want to spend time and money on our lawn??". Shaun explained to her that by moving into this neighborhood, we obligated ourselves to take care of it because even though we don't care, our neighbors care deeply.

May 10
So thankful for a place where our kids love to go. They came in 4th with tribe wars.


May 11
Shaun's been working with Aiden on his hitting and its paying off! Down a run, bottom of the last inning, two outs and Aiden got a hit, which also brought in the tying run, putting them into an extra inning to ultimately win the game. He got the game ball!


Shaun's mom gathered the family for a picnic. The weather was supreme!


May 12
Mother's Day. Since it was cold and rainy, we kept it low key. Since becoming a foster mom, its a bittersweet day for me. There is so much loss and brokenness where there "should be" beauty and wholeness.

Motherhood makes me painfully aware of my inadequacies and weaknesses. I fall short of where I wish I was and often I'm pretty sure I'm doing it all wrong. But these guys are generous with their love and praise and I'm so grateful for them.






The kids all made me beautiful cards with humbling messages. Aiden, not an artist by trade, took extra care on his project. I thought maybe it was a picture of me in a grave, but its actually me on the porch reading my Bible. :)


2 comments:

  1. Way to win the game, Aiden!!!! Wow!! You on the porch!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s the cutest card from Aiden! And I’m with you on the humbling effects of motherhood. I face inadequacies daily and am grateful for a God who uses my messiness for His glory.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.