Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Project 365, Week 49

Making our way through December, in a low-key kind of way.

December 5
This looks like an October 5 photo, not December 5! This is across the street from the hospital in NYC, captured during one of my shuttle rides. Even with the heavy memories and emotions that get brought up by being at the hospital, I had to pause and give thanks for this beautiful, precious life. 


December 6
Day after treatment...always a win when I can be downstairs near the comings and goings of the family. My boys are so sweet about just sitting with me.


December 7
Ginger is as good as they come.


December 8
The obligatory middle school winter concert (mercifully just chorus). That morning I asked Aiden if he felt prepared. He said, Mom, its a middle school concert...its not supposed to be good. 😂



December 9
Aiden has been anxious to work lately, hoping to make enough to buy Christmas presents without having to dip into his savings account. He's a huge help....


....though he's still honing his skills. :)


I love Friday nights with 18 (!!) Bible Quiz kids. They are so interesting and fun and they have a special bond with each other. I always look forward to our time together.


December 10
Six of the students have put in a consistent effort over many months and amassed enough points to earn a "big points" event.



December 11
Shaun and the kids surprised me with tickets to see The Nutcracker!! Shaun and I used to go every year, starting from when we were dating, usually at the Boston Ballet. Then Avery starting dancing in local performances. Then we started being involved in Christmas shows at church. But this year, Shaun thought to get me back to it. It was very special, particularly because the show was during the 4 pm football games. It also happened to snow just enough to be beautiful but not troublesome.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.