Thursday, December 15, 2022

December's 10 on 10

10 pictures on the 10th day (Saturday) of the month! 
{Document a snapshot of your life...find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}

This time I get with Jesus each morning...its impossible to describe it in words what days upon days, stacked into years upon years has meant to me. Left to its own, my heart wakes up selfish and self-seeking and willing to buy into my "truth" that fits with my current feelings. I prioritize this time each day because I'm "good" or "spiritual", I do it because I'm very not those things. 

Working through an Advent plan next to the Christmas tree is icing.


On Saturdays, I usually let Aiden sleep and walk the dog on my own.


Avery is very busy with top-level classes and working usually six days a week. Its challenging, but she's also learning vital time management skills. I sat across from her and addressed Christmas cards.


Laundry day for Aiden is a process.


We worked outside to ready things for the coming snow.


And then we went to the office to do the same thing.


Each year our extended family chooses a charity to help at Christmas. It's fun to do it as a group and the more the kids can be involved the better. This year, we gave toys to the children's hospital for the kids who will not be able to be home from the holiday. 


From there, Amanda went with Auntie Sarah and Aiden and I met up with the group going to It, an adventure ropes course. Katie and I got to sit and talk, while also being able to watch the boys do their shenanigans.






Amanda sent me a picture of her with some of the family who went out to dinner. Aiden and I got to meet up with them at the end and say hi to everyone.


On the way home we stopped to say hi to our favorite waitress (and deliberate for some time about which flavor ice cream to take home...as if there is a flavor that won't get quickly consumed in our house).


Happy to be home and sitting in my chair, but with a full heart from a good day.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.