Friday, December 23, 2022

Numbering Days, Week 21

This was a medically quiet week. Of course we had the planned chemo break, but we also made the choice to push my "surprise" surgery out a week so I would be home and feeling well for Christmas. I made the choice to put the upcoming surgery in a box and slide it onto a back shelf in my brain so that I could truly enjoy and be engaged in Christmas.

Under scare tactics from the doctor, I did my best to not lift things or bend or do anything that might cause my very unstable spine to shift. That eliminated many activities and it was harder than it seems to just leave things for someone else to do or to try not to care that it doesn't get done at all. 

Shaun and Aiden especially picked up a ton of slack, vacuuming, picking dropped items off the floor, carrying things. I had no idea how many tasks I notice and do without a thought. #momlife

Unhandily, I had to go to New York on the 22nd for pre-surgical testing. I pulled Amanda from school at the half-day mark so she could come for the ride, a total of five hours in car this day. She is a bit squeamish with medical things, but she stayed in the room with me through all of it. 

The next day, my aunt, uncle and cousin arrived early for Christmas so they could help make it all happen. They rolled up their sleeves and worked for two days, happy to do whatever needed to be done. It was really, really special to have them for some extra time.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.