Monday, January 9, 2023

Project 365, Week 1

This week after Christmas break and surgery was a slow one, which was perfect.

January 1
"Watching football", post-New Year's Eve party. :)


January 2
Amy stopped by for a visit and these two girls were sporting their freshly-earned hockey tournament champions sweatshirts. Girl power!!


January 3
Shaun and the kids had gone, with the rest of Shaun's family to his grandmother's house for the annual New Year's Day get together the day before and Aiden was very excited to put his new Lego set together. We both reminisced about the old days when he used to wait, with great anticipation for his dad to arrive home so he'd have help. Now, of course, he does it easy on his own.


January 4
The Mid-Week youth leaders were hosting parents for the evening. They shared their vision and their history and we even played some fun games. They are such a sweet couple, with such a beautiful heart for ministry and for the kids. 

I wasn't quite as ready as I thought for an outing, but I'm glad I went.


January 5
I think this was a different Lego set, or maybe round two of the same and Aiden was having fun doing a time-lapse.


January 6
With the holidays and surgery, it had been weeks since I'd been at TBQ. It was so great to be back!




January 7
The next morning, our third Teen Bible Quiz meet, hosted at our church! Its very emotional when I see the kids all together, from our church and from about five other churches. They are getting to know each other and getting to know God's word that will forever be a light for their path.

Its been a windy road to get from those early conversations of can we do this? what even IS this? to the Meet, here in our district. It's truly been God doing what only He could do. I'm so grateful for friendship and teamwork with Katie, God's faithfulness, and the patience and commitment of the kids.










January 8
Avery was covering for someone on the Sunday lunch shift, so while the other two were serving at the second service, after first service Shaun and I went on a date to visit our favorite waitress. This cheeseburger is a big draw for people.


In the evening we had a visit from some little people (and their parents). My kids wind them up and they wind my kids up. Its very sweet.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.