Monday, January 16, 2023

Project 365, Week 2

It was a quiet week for me, though my family did a fair amount of buzzing around.

January 9
Aiden received an acceptance letter from East Catholic High. No decision has been made. 


January 10
God and I have an extensive history together. Over and over and over He has proven Himself faithful. I choose to trust Him, independent of what I feel.


January 11
Double digits...#10



January 12
I made it downstairs and got to watch beautiful snowflakes fall.


January 13
Friday nights is a good time to check IG....they do a great job posting photos and videos. Amanda worked diligently all week to serve on the worship team. 


She also chugged down a happy meal that was first put through a blender. She is fun and competitive and has a unique set of skills that often help her team win lots of points. However, when she got home that night, she was feeling a little ill. :)


They caught Aiden looking happy and handsome. 


January 14
Saturday morning kicked off "Backyard Camp", the bi-annual, student-lead camp. So much planning and effort goes into it and this tight-knit group compete and make memories. Three different families hosted over the three days of camp. 

I have the honor of spending a fair amount of time with this group....they are incredible kids and have something very special in each other.


January 15
My 48th birthday. We went to church and then Shaun and I went to brunch. The kids stayed for the second service and then straight to Day Two of camp. 

For Christmas, Amy gave her daughters and nieces tickets to a UCONN women's basketball game. Tim and Elizabeth brought their girls and dinner, Dad and Kiki came with the birthday cookie and we had a quiet, enjoyable evening together. 





After the game, Amy brought Tim's girls back and we got a bit of time together. It was non-traditional and lovely. Stage 4 cancer is such a good teacher. I see so many things differently now in the best of ways. One simple thing is what a blessing birthdays are, along with the wrinkles and gray hair and bad eyes that begin to accompany the passing years. I'm grateful. 



1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday to you! Indeed, so much life to be grateful for and it’s beautiful to see how you honor God with each one of your days. You’re always in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.