Monday, January 30, 2023

Project 365, Week 4

Lots of recovery this week.

January 23
We spent the day in the city with several appointments between two different buildings. As I took the 15-minute ride on a nearly empty shuttle, I couldn't help but overhear the conversation the doctor next to me was having, since he was on speaker phone. I tried tuning it out, but I kept hearing key words...tumor, sacrum, scans. They kept changing patients who they were discussing and at some point I heard my oncologist's voice. 

Suddenly it dawned on me that, since it was Monday, it was likely the weekly Tumor Board meeting. I had no way of knowing if they'd be talking about me, but just in case, I double-downed my efforts to block out the conversation, very much not wanting to hear the insider's scoop on my case. It was beyond strange to be in the "board room". And honestly, it looked different in my head.


January 24
The snow that had been so awful for Shaun to drive in the day before coming back from the city was so beautiful the next day with the sun shining.


January 25
I spent a little time setting up systems so I have the option to work from home. Ginger is a loyal companion.


January 26
No picture

January 27
I was still feeling awful, but I considered this view a win, since I was laying on the couch. I hadn't done that in months because it was so difficult to get to a standing position from there. Progress! 

Never has my tree still been up past New Year's Day, but this year I was advised to keep it up for the twinkling lights. I'm so glad we did since I have spent so much time in this room.



January 28
Mercifully, I felt like a new person this day. I got to watch my boy do his thing.


January 29
We watched the football playoffs and then we all went to the rink just 10 minutes from our house and watched Nathanael play hockey (and score two goals!). It was so much fun!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.