Monday, January 23, 2023

Project 365, Week 3


January 16
The kids were on Day 3 of camp. These kids!












January 17
A trick I learned years ago is to time how long it takes you to do tasks you don't enjoy. How long, really, does it take to complete a load of laundry? How many minutes, exactly, does it take to unload the dishwasher? Quite possibly much less time than we spend procrastinating or whining about it. For instance, it took this child 2:57 to vacuum the downstairs...far less time than the lead up took.


January 18
The first fingers of light appear on the horizon, and ever so deftly and gradually, they pull the mantle of darkness away from the world. ~John O'Donohue



January 19
The week before Christmas my car broke down enough to get towed. The mechanic had it for several weeks but thankfully the timing lined up with my surgery, which left me restricted from driving. It was sooo great to pick it up and have my own wheels again!


For weeks, Ginger had mothered this stuffed banana.


January 20
We've started to make a phone stack during TBQ practice. When I finally collected my phone, there was a happy surprise. :)


January 21
I was feeling pretty happy to be able to take Aiden to his game and watch him play.



In the afternoon I attended the funeral of a childhood friend. I was a teen and his family moved to the area and began attending the church my dad was pastoring, we also went to the same highschool. We did a ton of life with their family and they've always been very special. Just before Christmas, Jason had a heart attack. 

It was a beautiful service and utterly brutal to watch his family processing it all. I was proud when my dad got up to speak. He's done many hundreds of funerals and so meaningful because he takes the time to really get to know people and be involved in their lives. He loves genuinely and practically.


January 22
Since the girls were very little, I've sent out Valentine's cards to our family. These three teens were such good sports about changing clothes and braving the cold for their mom to take some pictures. Very sweet of them!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.