Thursday, September 14, 2023

Project 365, Week 35

Shaun took our team to a conference in Dallas, TX. He was gone just two and a half days, but it was long enough for me feel, in a small sense, like I walked a couple days in his shoes. It left me feeling guilty for something I can't help but even more filled with gratitude for the gift he is. When I'm sick, he has so many extra responsibilities, but he handles it all with love and unending patience.

August 28
Shaun sent me the beautiful view of the sunrise from his room in Dallas.


Dakota's mom sent me a First Day photo. If you can believe it, he's FIVE and starting Kindergarten.


Jason took advantage of the boys' last two days of summer and availability.


More from the pool in Dallas, where Shaun, Avery and Nathanael spent some of the evening.



August 29
Freshman orientation for our third and final kid. Aiden is fortunate to have spent the summer doing practices and conditioning with the soccer team.



I was delighted to see this beautiful girl when she called from the airport, on their way home!



August 30
They went off to their first day in waves, and various modes of transportation. After months of consideration and prayer and talking, we settled on our local public school for Aiden. I was disappointed but I'm also settled. And he is happy about the decision to stay.

With Avery graduated, he's back on the school bus until January when Amanda's had her license for six months and can drive siblings.



Senior year!



Avery's a freshman at a community college 15 minutes from our house. She is attending for free and is in a program that will allow her to seamlessly transfer every single credit to UCONN after two years, if that's still the direction she wants to go. She's also taking the tax class so she can be a preparer in January. She's very busy but also very capable. I'm so grateful to have her under our roof for another year.



August 31
DCF was giving out free tickets to UCONN's opening football game. It was so much fun!! The sunset was beautiful, there was a large orange moon and the temperature was comfortable. The marching band, cheerleaders, and fan challenges...it was so lively and entertaining. 



At half time they honored our champion men's basketball team.




September 1
I don't remember why I took this picture, but it was the only one for the day. My porch is a happy, life-giving space for me. I think silence and solitude are highly underrated (and largely under utilized).

Solitude well practiced will break the power of busyness, haste, isolation, and loneliness.
You will see that the world is not on your shoulders after all. 
Your will find yourself, and God will find you in new ways. ~Dallas Willard


September 2
We kicked off LobsterFest weekend at Amy and Colombo's house...football, basketball, pool and back deck hanging. 

Instead of our usual pizza dinner, Amy, Elizabeth and I served Mexican to recognize Uncle Lee's retirement. For the last many years, he was a teacher at an alternate ed school, the place where they send the trouble kids. But he was uniquely gifted to connect with them and inspire them. As adults, many of his students will credit their time in his classroom to be the difference maker; a path re-pointer.




















Hi Manda. :)



September 3
19th Annual Lobster Fest! We love our traditions around here!



Aunt Bonnie is gifted in making things beautiful. She is a civilizer and shows love in the care she gives to details.






















After dinner, many switched gears to the family Fantasy Football draft. Commissioner C4 presented Rocco with the trophy for last season.














Amanda snagged my camera at the end of the day. :)




At the end of the day I was tired and my heart was so full.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.