Friday, September 22, 2023

Project 365, Week 36

Welcome September, with your beautiful light and perfect temps, football (and futbol) and changing leaves.

September 4
My niece Lainie asked me if I would do her senior pictures. I was so honored!! And I thought it would be extra fun for the senior cousins if it was a group activity. After lots of back and forth, we landed on Labor Day. It was a beautiful day and we did have such a great time. I have dozens and dozens of this '06 Club together over the years. What a special thing that they've had each other!



I thought it was appropriate that the holiday was closed out with backyard volleyball. :)


September 5
Too much fun taking a picture for the Grandparents Day card. :) 

These three!! They are what we are praying about the most, and, in this season, what we are devoting most of our time and effort and energy for. Being a parent is stretching and humbling and beautiful. They are amazing and they inspire us and they call us out. Simply, they are gifts. 





September 6
Most mornings throughout the spring/summer/fall Shaun is on the golf course as the sun is coming up. I'm so glad he's able to get that time alone, doing something he enjoys (and I also like it when he sends me pretty pictures :)


The bus drivers were on strike for this first week of school. The town and school did a fantastic job keeping it all running smoothly. I enjoyed the time with Aiden and Ginger was happy about it too since we went to the lake on our way home after dropping him off. :)


Avery's done such a great job navigating all her college "stuff" but sometimes a little assistance is helpful. This day I met her on campus to help her with a couple administrative items that were much easier for someone with a little experience.


Fantasy football draft #37ish. Only Shaun's second, but the kids are in many different leagues.


September 7
September mornings can be exquisite, this one certainly was.





September 8


Our fence took a little hit when this tree came down in a storm. Definitely could have been worse.


Instead of youth group there was a night of worship at church. It is such a beautiful thing to be gathered with a group, all worshipping our Creator together and declaring together that Jesus is King and Lord. His love and His goodness compel me to offer my worship. It was a really special, sacred night. 


September 9
Since we made a new entrance at the office, we're working to get rid of the old entrance. On this steamy morning, four of them worked together to remove the concrete steps. We'll replace that door with a window and then complete the siding. The progress is exciting!



Our annual dinner in Mystic on the Connecticut River, now 12ish years strong. We have both walked through some really tough stuff together and laughed loud and long. These ladies have hearts of gold.




September 10
Opening Football Sunday! :) For many, many years our fall Sunday afternoons have been dedicated to watching football. It feels like a simple luxury to sit under a cozy blanket in the same space with my people.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.