Monday, September 25, 2023

Project 365, Week 37

We're happily getting settled in to a fall schedule, with all the fullness and goodness it brings.

September 11
As it happened, in the Fall of 2001 I was taking a college class that required me to read the New York Times several times a week. Two weeks into the semester 9/11 happened and the Times spent the next 15 weeks printing photos and profiles of more than 1,800 who lost their lives. It was a painful exercise to read through them over that semester but I took it on as a duty. Twenty-two years later its just as tragic and difficult to understand but I make it a point to always pause and remember.

Jack's family spends lots of time in New Hampshire riding miles and miles of trails. For this trip they extended the invitation to the "significant others". Avery had fun and came back with some beautiful photos of the White Mountains.



Aiden said he had one of his best performances as a goalie during practice. All the hard work he's put in on the field on in the gym is starting to come together.


September 12 
Our last first girls high school game.



Some of the DiSalv crew stopped by and Renna took the opportunity to shoot during half time.



September 13
I got up and started my day as usual but by 9 AM I'd already had one of what would be about four naps. I struggled to not feel defeated or nervous about what it meant. In the mail that day were three cards, people telling me I was thought of and supported. Amazing!


Just for this week we moved our TBQ practice to a different night in a different place. The kids love hanging out together. 


September 14
Labs and a PET scan. The imaging place is a third party that helps MSK with overflow but also they do regular people. They always call me the day before to go over prep for the procedure. But as they start to explain things they'll say, Oh! I see you've been here quite a few times. Also kind of funny to me is that part of the instructions are to avoid rigorous exercise the night before or day of. They never say that at MSK...its a given that rigorous exercise is not happening.


I introduced my dad to the goodness of Wegmans and he treated me to lunch. We have nice rides together, even though its for a stinky reason.



September 15
There was a charity golf tournament held for a local church that burned down in the spring. Hale Financial was a sponsor, so I went for the first hour to man a table and talk with people.




September 16
Its candle time again!!


Avery was working but Amanda and Aiden helped me with some yard work. Felt much better after!


September 17
Sunday afternoon walks are amazing!!



And so is being together, all in one room watching football. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.