Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Project 365, Week 34

This was our last full week of summer before the start of school and we got to spend much of it in the mountains of Pennsylvania. Its maybe been a decade since I was last in PA, but just this August I've been three times...I drove through on the way to National Fine Arts, I did Bible Quiz Camp there and then this vacation. It is very pretty and quiet compared to the east coast.

August 20
Lead by the youth pastor, Amanda and a team of students got to lead worship for both services. What a special thing that she has a place to use her gifts.






After church we rode up to the Pocono Mountains and arrived in time for some beautiful evening sun. I'll document our time there separately because I don't have a small number of pictures from the week. ;)


August 21
Witnessing a sunrise or sunset over a body of water is top in my book.


August 22
Our family-friendly hike had so many beautiful spots.


August 23
Some of the guys did a not-family-friendly hike and got amazing views.


August 24
The deer were plentiful and unafraid.


August 25
The girls and I left the Poconos at 4 AM and drove in the rain for 4.5 hours (Shaun and Aiden left the day before for Aiden's soccer tryouts). When we got home I went to the office and covered for the day and then had TBQ practice. I slipped out of practice long enough to find a private corner of the church to meet a nurse for a blood draw. I rarely get house calls but this was a third party company doing some extra involved test. Since she only had an evening appointment, I asked if we could do it at church instead of my house so I wouldn't miss practice.

In chatting with her, I discovered she is the primary caregiver to her 14 year-old granddaughter. I told her how great our youth program is and invited her to come back.  


August 26
We worked on the outside of the building and Shaun showed it to the guy who ultimately rented the apartment.


Practice let out late so we got to see Aiden play some.


August 27
Shaun took the Hale Financial team to Dallas for a two-day conference. They spotted a rainbow before takeoff. :)


Amanda and Aiden had a youth group thing so I took the free evening to pick up Ginger, walk with Jay, sit by the campfire with Pop and Kiki and drop off a little First Day of School gift to Dakota.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.