Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Project 365, Week 41

We certainly had sufficient medical "stuff" this week. I was so grateful that it lined up in a way that I could be with Aiden for all of his appointments.

October 9
We had the 8 AM appointment with the orthopedic surgeon. He had a great manner, seemed confident and wanted to do surgery within a week's time.


On a beautiful Columbus Day, we sat and watched a soccer game. It was difficult to reconcile the disparity between our day in cozy Connecticut and the day the Israelis woke up to face.

Avery bought her brother sympathy DD. :)





Later that afternoon Aiden went to his team's game and sat on the bench. We encouraged him to work on his leadership skills, to build camaraderie and trust that will carry over into next season. He felt so much better after going.


October 10
Pre-op physical. Because of the short notice we didn't get our beloved physician, but this sweet man has been with the practice for decades and Aiden checked out great..


October 11
The blood work was separate and took a lot more hoops and frustration, but we got it done, just in time. I delivered him back to school...


...and then my dad picked me up for treatment. There was a considerable wait time and even the treatment took longer than usual, so we didn't get back to my house until almost 10 PM. It is most definitely the short straw to do treatment days with me.


I try to minimize the life things I miss but its not always in my control...this is the closest I go to Amanda's game.


October 12
Avery spent her "free" day babysitting and this sweet picture was sent to me. It is part of who Avery is to love and care for children and its beautiful to watch her joy in it all.


October 13
And this is part of who Amanda is...athletic, a competitor, always up for fun, youth group games beast.


October 14
And Aiden..Ginger's go-to person, infinite attention span and available and content to chill with his mama.


October 15
Yet another recliner day for me, with the huge perk of NFL all day and my family gathered for a bit before they scattered here and there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.