Monday, October 23, 2023

October's 10 on 10

10 pictures on the 10th day (Tuesday) of the month! 
{Document a snapshot of your life...find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}

The truth you store up in silence comes back to you in the storm, 
and it lifts you away as on a life raft from the fears and disappointments
 that would otherwise pull you under. When you abide in his word, he abides in you.
 ~Christine Caine
 

Over and over again. I'm regularly amazed at the work God is doing in my heart from abiding in him...talking to Him, reading His word, sitting in silence.


The beauty on my regular walk was just astonishing.




Scenes from the golf course, sent by my guy who is thinking about me.


I came back from my walk to find Avery doing an overhaul of Aiden's room. It was a mess and she wanted to make it safer and more accommodating to him with him arm in a sling. Also, she was stalling from her school work. ;) 


With treatment happening the next day, I made it my mission to hydrate well.


Super thankful for a healthy boy who easily passed his pre-op visit.


He's also my library buddy. We stopped to pick up some books I ordered and to get a stack for him as well. The fire department had several trucks in the lot, open for children to sit in and explore. It made me miss when the kids were young and took much delight in such things. We made good use of free, local things and it made them just as happy as expense, far away things.


I never tire of the view from the bank of windows in my office.


Nap time. Twenty minutes...never more, never less. Light, dark, quiet, noisy. I have a sleep gift. :) It served me well during pregnancies and now, as needed.


Attempt #1 to get blood drawn for surgery was frustrating and foiled, but we stopped in to see Amy and crew so all was not lost.


I love the evenings when we all are gathered from our different places throughout the day and get to swap stories. 


We try to sit down together one a week to coordinate schedules. Its very helpful but not everyone appreciate it.


As the season changes and daylight decreases, time spent on puzzles and games increases.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.