Sunday, October 15, 2023

Project 365, Week 40

Lots to hold in this week. Regrouping after a treatment week, special family time and life twists.

October 2
It was a joy to be back in the middle of the morning routine that now happens in five different shifts. Aiden has a couple more months of catching the bus until Amanda can legally drive him.


October 3
Amanda and Aiden were playing at the same time so Shaun and I divided. The girls got blown out but the boys JV team tied and word has it the goalie had a great game.



I stood against the fence to take pictures and I made friends with one of the ball boys. It was hot in the sun and he was working so hard. In talking with him, I was reminded how very enchanting and "easy" these middle elementary school years are. So sweet!


Our little theater group met up to see Mrs. Doubtfire. We were surprised by how much we enjoyed it and it was oh so good to laugh for a couple hours.



October 4
It cannot be overstated how lovely my morning walks are this time of year.



One of my dad's five sisters was visiting from Oregon. My dad wasn't feeling well so Amy arranged a get together around the campfire to avoid germs. 


October 5
For since the creation of the world God’s invisible 
qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been 
clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, 
so that people are without excuse. Romans 1:20



Avery's Thursday night class was cancelled and the kids had Friday off of school so we snagged the opportunity. At 11 AM we booked a room and just in time for sunset, we were on the Connecticut coast.





October 6
I woke up with our three teenagers sleeping in the next room and was overwhelmed with the blessing of it all. That we enjoy each other and they want to be with us, that we were here, together. 


I went down memory lane thinking of many of the adventures we've been on. This photo from Florida is likely the first time we shared a room as a family of five.


While they slept, Shaun went to the fitness center and I went down to the beach.












After brunch we headed home for Amanda's afternoon soccer game and Bible Quiz practice. It was short and very, very sweet.


October 7
A smiling group of boys on their way to touch football. I was out walking when I got a call from Aiden from the field that he thought maybe he separated his shoulder and could I pick him up.


We went to the orthopedic walk-in place, where they warned us of a three hour wait and they'd never seen it so busy, likely because of Columbus Weekend tournaments. As Aiden pointed out, the waiting room was elderly people and teens.

They were able to do x-rays right there and quickly determined he'd broken his collar bone and separated the CV ligament. They gave us a sling (actually, they charged me $5 for it ???) and sent us home with an appointment with the surgeon first thing Monday morning.

Good grief, this boy is tough! Quite possibly the worst part for him was the collared, button down shirt I dressed him in so he wouldn't have to lift his arms through a sleeve.


October 8
The "buts" and "yets" in the Bible are my favorite. :)

But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.