Monday, December 13, 2021

Project 365, Week 49

It started to feel a lot like Christmas! Lights and shopping and Advent reading...yay for the most wonderful time of the year!

November 29
Avery took on the outside lights project.


November 30
Shaun took the kids to the mall and I had such a special time at home, alone. As I was working on things, Christmas music was playing and really, it was a holy night.


December 1
No picture

December 2
Finally, the new windows came in, so Shaun and Jason took advantage of a mild and dry day.


This was my dad's 70th birthday! To celebrate, we went to a restaurant in downtown Providence, an area with special memories for him. Maybe the first time with just the adults...so fun!


All 21 (!!) of his grandkids made a little video of favorite memories they have of Pop. He and Kiki have intentionally and consistently invested in the kids' lives over many years. Bedtime stories, donuts for dinner, bike rides...fun little things that grow with meaning over time. I'm so thankful for the voice and influence they've had in my children's lives. And I'm incredibly grateful to have had this guy for my dad. He's one of the good ones.


December 3
The girls came to help after school. :)



December 4

A sweet set of notes to greet me in the morning. :)


The girls each had a friend over and they ended up roller skating.



One of the neighbors hosted an outdoor Christmas party in their backyard. It was a first for me to do a December party outside, but they had heaters and a couple fires going. It was so great to catch up with people. I took a blurry picture as I was walking back home, but also it looks kind of cool.


December 5
First of four shows, this one at our second campus. None of the kids were in the cast, but Aiden and Shaun were on the technical crew. It was an explosion of emotions....seeing the new campus packed with people, having Brent here for his final show in CT, being immersed in the story of that holy night, God's extravagant love story...so much to take in.



From there, Amanda and I went with our friends to look for a Christmas party dress for the girls. Even though it was at the mall (blech!), we had a special time and both girls found something suitable. But also, why is it so hard to find dresses that are in between trashy and grandma??


This was the scene that greeted me when I walked in the door. Aiden and a couple friends had clearly been having fun.


Avery had a homework buddy. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.