Monday, December 27, 2021

Project 365, Week 51

This week was the Christmas and year-end countdown, but it felt relaxed...a gift.

December 13
His faithfulness is as sure as the rising sun.


December 14
This ended up being my only picture, trying to make a few changes to the living room.


December 15
That I get to talk with my Creator, in His creation, with the breath in my lungs that I have only because of His say so, as my friend and also my Sovereign King...it astounds me.


December 16


Our small girls club had set aside this day to spend in Newport. Our main goal was being together and also we wanted to tour a mansion we hadn't seen yet and walk around beautiful downtown all decorated for Christmas. As it turned out, the day was very mild, the crowds were thin and our time was delightful. 





Ironically, we are terrible at remembering to have our picture taken together. We were so pleased that we thought of it so we took two. These are my always-got-my-back friends. They inspire me to love well and serve diligently. Their hearts are gold.



This b/w Meg took is so haunting.









December 17
Youth group took the night off so the small groups could meet together, choosing their own activity. Avery and Aiden were in different places and Amanda's group, lead by Kelly, was at our house. I was impressed that Pastor Kevin spent time with each group...he ended with our house and jumped right in to the game, already in progress.



December 18
I snuck Dakota into Amanda's room to wake her and there was much squealing and laughter.


Around noon we headed to Sarah and Tony's house for Shaun's side of Christmas. Sarah always has the house decorated beautifully and a spread of food that leaves everyone satisfied. The cousins are so happy to be together, even if Auntie makes them do a group photo. :)










Each year we consider a charity to give to. Often we adopt a family or three and buy gifts so they can have presents under the tree. This year, Sarah connected with a small group of foster moms who have banded together to redo the visitation rooms, Fostering Family Hope. Right now the rooms have the look of a prison cell but the ladies are painting and adding soft rugs and bright toys to make the space more inviting and comfortable for the hour or two a week the parents and children get to see each other. Our kids got to help load up the items we'd bought and be part of the action.



Ahhh...the perfect family photo! :)











Nana and Grandpa John made a guest appearance from Florida and the kids got to talk to Grandma and Grandpa Tom, too, who were also in Florida.








Christmas socks from Nana...tradition!!



December 19
These two are super sweet together. Avery was up earlier than she wanted but it was all smiles because of this little guy.


Our church held "Jingle Jam", a cute Christmas + Kid themed event. Our three big kids all had a part and our two "grandkids" ended up with us, too. Dakota was desperate to be called to the front for one of the games. He is 'that guy'. :)


My heart! Watching Shaun love on kids, playing with baby toes. He's at his best behind the scenes when no one is watching. I love that about him.








Oh. My. Heart. And this one messy, beautiful life.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.