Thursday, February 10, 2022

Doing Battle, Week 72

Yesterday in the early morning hours, before I'd even taken a sip of coffee, a word dropped in my heart, so clearly. Delight. Delight. Can't be right, I thought. Today is the first day of cancer treatment. What on earth would delight have to do with that?

I grabbed my Bible and mug and settled onto my winter spot in the living room. I didn't have a plan for where I'd be reading, only that it would be in the book of Psalm. 

Why? Because that book is filled with poetry and songs and prayers about the human condition. It is questions and doubting and mourning and lamenting. Questions for me, questions for God. It is rawness, it is a heart split wide open, well beyond feeling shame or filters. I often find it an accessible place to help me see what my heart is trying to say. 

I flipped open my Bible and the first verse my eyes landed on had the word DELIGHT in it!!! What?!? Psalm 35:27:

Let those who delight in my righteousness
    shout for joy and be glad
    and say evermore,
“Great is the Lord,
    who delights in the welfare of his servant!” 

From another version:

But give great joy to those who came to my defense.
    Let them continually say, “Great is the Lord,
    who delights in blessing his servant with peace!”


This is my God! So personal, so relational. He is near to the brokenhearted and He promises when we seek Him, we will find him. He is just so kind.

Yesterday was my first of five radiation treatments. I showed up at the door of Memorial Sloan Kettering and took a deep breath, not knowing what to expect. But also, I had such sweet peace. Today was day two and I am still feeling ok. Happy and relieved, really to be implementing a plan!

We have been loved on so well this week. I know so many are praying, I know so many hearts are with us. It is staggering to know how deeply people care, how much support we have. My heart is so full with gratitude.

Cookies and fruit...our people have us covered. :)







Forgot about the medical bills...statistics say 40% of them are wrong. I'm afraid I'll never know.


This sweet guy is content to join me for quiet time on the couch and it makes my heart full.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.