Monday, February 14, 2022

Project 365, Week 6

Lots of work to do this week and lots of nothing at all. As is often the case, most of the "work" comes down to bossing my mind and my emotions, purposefully feeding my spirit. Frustration and discouragement were my biggest battles. We laid low the first part of the week and then we got to work, killing cancer.


February 7
Quiet, post work evening...life is sweet when I see my two boys working a crossword puzzle together. 


February 8
Video games with friends and company in the living room, where I set up my post.



February 9
After two years of no concerts, the middle school music teacher was beside himself that they'd been given the green light to start back up. At the last minute, Sarah and Armand came up to get Aiden there and Amy joined them as well. This was the school's seating plan, after they'd arrived in a car together. (??) Anyway! I was happy for the teacher and the students who care and I was grateful for family willing to muscle through a middle school concert. :)




Meanwhile, In New York...after Treatment #1, I was feeling good so we walked across the street for dinner. We were resigned to getting it underway and ever grateful literally for another day. We get to live in the reality that we are not guaranteed tomorrow, and it just changes things.



February 10
Treatment #2, already well documented.



February 11
The night before the family came down to have dinner with me in New York and I decided to keep Aiden. He's easy and good company, and can go with the flow. Actually, all three kids are more than happy to do any amount of time in the cancer center with me. Sometimes I wish the story was different for them, but we have all been uniquely designed to be able to do hard things. 


February 12 
After three days away, I couldn't have been happier to see the sunrise from my own front porch. Home.



February 13
We got just enough snow to be beautiful and a nuisance. I was slow but also happy to be outside and a little bit useful. As a team we got four properties done in no time.


Math lessons, heart talks, intentional time invested....all in a day's work for this super dad of our home.


The kids put together a small gathering for the Super Bowl.


 

1 comment:

  1. “We get to live in the reality that we are not guaranteed tomorrow, and it just changes things.” That’s a profound perspective and surely part of God’s plan for your family and the many people you’ve impacted in your life since cancer. What a tender reminder to all of us to cherish each moment with our people.

    I am praying for you this morning, friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.