Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Project 365, Week 4

We mixed heavy radiologist conversations with celebrations of milestones and quiet snow days. It is all a gift, it is all grace.

January 24
My niece Juliet was turning 21 and Amy gathered the family and made a special evening to celebrate her.




January 25

I was out shoveling the dusting of snow we'd gotten and the morning sky was so pretty (not translated in this photo).


January 26

The morning light, air, quiet, walk, talk with my Creator...perspective adjusting, life-giving.


Amanda and I went to the Apple store. The "z" key on my new-at-Christmas laptop was not working and Amanda wanted to inquire about getting her phone repaired. Those first money lessons are hard...counting the cost of hours needed to work, the value of saving, etc. I was really proud of how adult-like she handled speaking with the sales/tech people.

Speaking of adulting, Avery and I joined a two-hour Zoom class to wrap up her requirements to get her license. I think Connecticut has some good laws in place for young drivers.


January 27
Sweet brother, adjusting the air pressure his the car his sister was going to use to take her driving road test.


January 28
AVERY GOT HER LICENSE!! A near perfect score. So happy for her to be taking this next step to independence. And I was so grateful that I got to be there. We stopped for lunch at Chick-fil-A, because nothing says celebration like hot waffle fries. 


We stepped out of the DMV and snow flurries began falling, so she drove the whole way back in snow! It was so pretty.


She dropped me off at the office and then drove away, all on her own for the very first time. I captured it on video (because I'm the mom) and Sarah captured me. 

That evening I left work and my car wasn't there...we have a few logistics still to figure out. :)


January 29
We got to stay tucked in all day as the snow came down and the wind blew outside. We played games, watched two family movies, ate popcorn and drank more than one pot of coffee, started a new puzzle, made cookies and french bread and ate fondue for dinner. 





January 30
The next day was dig out time at all the properties. For the first time, we had our driveway plowed...it was sooo nice to have much of the snow cleared.



January light is so pretty!


Aiden got invited to go snowmobiling with friends. He was beyond excited and was full of stories when he came home.




These two had football going on the TV and soccer on the computer. I love hearing their commentary to each other (and mostly to the people behind the screen 🤣


My third time driving to church, this last time to pick Amanda up from Passion rehearsal. There's a lot to get used to with a new director and there are not many roles for teenagers in this show, but I'm so glad she's choosing to persevere and use the gifts God has given her.


 

2 comments:

  1. So exciting to have a new driver in the house! We’re just a couple months away from that ourselves. Such a life skill that’s important to take seriously and celebrate, which it sure looks like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avery with a license is mind-blowing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.