Monday, February 14, 2022

February's 10 on 10

10 pictures on the 10th day (Thursday) of the month! 
{Document a snapshot of your life...find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}


3:00 is pain med time. My body alerts me sometime within the hour. I'm taking an embarrassing amount of pills, but I'm also sleeping well most nights and functioning.


Shaun and I had some time together in the morning, then we grabbed coffee and said goodbye as he headed back to work and the kids and all the things.


My sweet office crew checked in, accidental twinning!


While my pain meds were fresh, I set out on a gorgeous morning, downtown just a block or two from the hotel. It was one of those first days after a long winter that makes you feel like spring will come. The sunshine, the day...such a gift. I pretended I was a lady of leisure, sipping coffee on a park bench, capturing scenes with my camera with no place in particular to be.






Back at the hotel, I watched some photography training, dreaming of a day when I'll put it to good use.


A quick four-minute drive to the cancer center.


I checked in with people....


...people checked in with me. :)



Back at the hotel, I talked to the crew who was home.





After seeing I was feeling well, they hatched a plan to drive the 90 minutes to me. We made lemonade out of lemons and had a regular Thursday night dinner at The Melting Pot, just minutes from where I was staying, just because. It was a lovely couple hours of being together, doing something we all enjoy (and extra special was that it was Sarah's very first adventure with fondue).



At the last minute, I opted to keep Aiden with me, the one who can most easily miss school and the one who had come prepared (he brought a book ;). He's good, easy company.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.