Thursday, March 24, 2022

Doing Battle, Week 76 & 77 & 78

My apologies for going so long without posting. In these three weeks the delay has meant two things: 

1) I had new and different pain in my hip/leg that I was in wait-and-see mode. Eventually I begrudgingly reported it to the doctor who said, unless it kept getting worse, we could just wait until the MRI to look into it. Days later, I went for a three-mile walk and when I woke up the next morning, it was essentially gone. Such relief!

2) My life is full enough with work and kids and "normal" life, that I have chosen to not make blogging a priority, though I miss having enough margin to feel like I can sit down and write. Soon tax season will be over though, and we can shift to a more balanced way.

Currently, I'm feeling great! Most days I could be convinced that January and February were just a dream. I truly believe that those of you who have loved us and prayed for us have been the ones to do the heavy lifting of this ordeal. I've had so much peace and rest in my soul (except for some moments with the new leg pain when I thought "oh no!!" and "what the heck??").

As sure as the sun will rise
And take away the night
His mercy will not end



After having 20/20 vision his whole life, Shaun has spent the last couple years adjusting to reading glasses. It always fills my heart to see him wearing them, so grateful that we've grown this old together. What a gift!


Its stunning to be reminded of how much we're thought of and loved...cards, flowers, texts...wow!



How much do you think one 30-minute radiation treatment would cost? Though I think its ludicrous that we pay $30,000 out-of-pocket for medical insurance each year, I'm grateful for it (and we certainly get our money's worth every year!).


Spring is in the air and I breath in the luxuriousness of sitting on the porch for a few minutes, listening to the birds or a child's heart. Life is so beautiful and good and hard.



1 comment:

  1. Praising God with you in these updates! You continue to be in my prayers and in my thoughts.

    I am so encouraged by your outlook at how lovely a gift it is to be able to grow old with your husband. I need to shift my mindset in that regard because I’m having a hard time adjusting to the realities of getting older (having to get glasses, in particular!). Thanks for the reminder about the gift of it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.