Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Project 365, Week 9

It was a full week of work and getting kids to where they needed to be...ordinary, wonderful, regular life.

February 28
It just never get old. That the sun rises each day, that I have another day to witness something so beautiful and miraculous.


March 1
We completed the pile of paperwork and the social worker came out this day to do the home inspection. Our license to do foster care is renewed for another two years. Now we're hoping to transfer that license to another agency so we can do younger kids. Our plan is no more teens until our own are cleared out of the house.


March 2
First day of Lent. Amanda and I chose this day to begin our challenge, a mix of fitness, nutrition and personal growth. On day #1, she packed a beautifully prepared salad.


March 3
At the beginning of TBQ each week the kids break into pairs and recite the verses they've memorized. I think these two had done a combined 60-something verses from Matthew.
 

Then we went to flag football practice, where the kids had space and time to play their own version of football.


March 4
Date night with my best guy while the kids were at youth group.


March 5
It didn't translate in this photo but the early morning was lovely and I pulled over on the side of the road to pause and breathe in deeply.


March 6
Aiden had a 9 pm soccer game the night before and then he was back for a 7 am flag football game!
 

I went to one of our campuses to take photos before, during and after the service. I hadn't felt like going but I'm so glad I did...it was a beautiful service and I felt like it was just for me. God is so kind like that.


Though we are open and fully operational, the construction/maintenance punch list at the office is extensive. Shaun and Amanda worked hard for much of the day and checked off a few projects.


We ended the day with our monthly fondue night and talk of wars, history and human nature.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.