Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Project 365, Week 30

Continuing on with our trip out west....

July 25
the Grand Canyon!



July 26
On our way to Las Vegas, we stopped at a very toasty Hoover Dam...what a man-made wonder!


July 27
We had a 7AM flight, with a stopover in Chicago. That second flight was delayed by 1.5 hours, but they only thing it changed for us is the kids were a half hour late to Mid-Week.


Avery and I both caught the same CT sunset; me from our backyard and her from the top of the hill at church. Home is the best place to return to.




July 28
I went to work and took the girls to a soccer game and afforded myself the luxury of pretending I was just a regular mom with a normal life.





July 29
In truth, I'm a mom with cancer, which means nothing is normal. This day was spent getting a medi-port placed for chemo treatments going forward. 


The girls spent the night at Sarah's and were sweet to send me a check-in pic.



July 30
Spur of the moment, we has some nieces and nephews over. It was the best time chatting on the porch and playing games.


July 31
From the finance office, I got to watch Amanda go up with the group going to Guatemala to receive prayer for their upcoming trip. We are so grateful she has this opportunity.


We finished the day pool side and then around a table of 15-20 mostly young people, sharing a meal and conversation. 


 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, I am so sad we have not been keeping up with each other. I live only 1.5 hours from the grand canyon. I wish I could have seen you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.