Sunday, August 21, 2022

Project 365, Week 31


August, already! Or, finally! I guess it goes without saying that this has been an out-of-the-ordinary year for us. Its become difficult for me to measure time by normal standards. 

This week we had some big, life-impacting events. I began chemo treatments and Amanda left on her first missions trip to Guatemala. I'm thankful for both, in different ways.

August 1
We got to see a couple of the Texas cousins for a few hours.



August 2
The short of the long story is we switched foster care agencies. We have fostered 30 teens over 11 years but now that our biological kids are teens, we are looking to do ages 0-4. The new agency came to the house to meet me and look around. With everything going on right now, we made it clear we are only available for short emergency placements and respite care. I will be free with my no's.


At 9 PM, I dropped Amanda at church to join up with the group headed out on a missions trip to Guatemala. Months and months ago she had it on her heart to go. After she signed up, she discovered Sarah was going to they had each other all week. So great!!



August 3
Shaun and I spent the day in the city, having tons of fun with treatment #1 also known as #15, depending on how we're counting. Either way, it was difficult and layered.


While we were gone, Avery and Aiden really wanted to be on their own for the day. Just in the last couple days it became legal for Avery to have siblings in the car with her. They went to the mall and got dinner and went to Mid-Week. And Amanda sent a picture from Guatemala. We're exceedingly grateful for our church...a place where they can grow and serve, love and be loved, a place they look forward to going. 




August 4
WiFi wasn't super reliable, but Amanda managed to FaceTime nearly everyday. It was a treat to see those faces.


August 5

Aiden's a good lay-low partner.


August 6
When its super hot out, Shaun has a no-heat-inside policy. He cannot see spending money to cook something inside and then spending money to run the AC to cool things down. Necessity, being the mother of invention, Aiden figured out a way to cook his evening meal of eggs-over-easy on the grill!



(crossword puzzle buddies)


August 7
Shaun had so much to do, but opted to stay by my side while I was recovering from the first dose. Cancer is hard on all of us in different ways. I'm so thankful for my family who bravely get up and face it with me each day.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.