Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Numbering Days, Week 9

At Shaun's suggestion, I delayed treatment a week so that I could have a best-case scenario for Maddy's wedding, which is this Saturday (!!!). So, I am neither recovering from or dreading one....what a delight! Instead, I'm doing the work to see the miracle that is every day life. 

Gratitude. It's a choice, it's a habit to develop, it's a way of life that can transform us. In the face of anxiety, anger, depression, sickness, it maybe sounds simplistic to say that gratitude is the answer to nearly every problem we face but I truly believe there's something to it. Being thankful may not change our circumstances, but it absolutely can and does change us.

You think this is just another day in your life. It's not just another day. 
It's the one day that is given to you today...It's the only gift that you have right now. 
And the only appropriate response is gratefulness. 

~David Steindl-Rast









2 comments:

  1. I bet the reprieve was nice... You're a rockstar...gettin' it all done with a brave face. Gratitude certainly can fix most of our problems! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT.... is the lesson we all must learn. Gratitude leads to more wonder and love. Thank you Lisa.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.