Monday, September 26, 2022

Project 365, Week 37

Pictures can be deceiving. When I glance at this week, it looks pretty normal. It was a treatment week so really it wasn't normal at all. But also, life must go on. I'm so proud of my gang for putting one foot in front of the other. Its really hard being a teenager, managing hormones, school pressures and social dynamics. Doing those things while your mom has cancer makes it especially difficult but instead of making excuses, they're making it happen. So thankful for them!

September 12
Ginger is Aiden's faithful friend, even more so now that he has taken over the feeding and walking responsibilities.


September 13
Since my treatment was early in the day, I was determined to get to Aiden's soccer game that afternoon but it was not to be so. I was too sick to even be angry about it, though later I focused on the fact that he had several fans there and I got pictures. He played against two buddies from church, which was fun.



September 14
Hanging on the porch with me doing homework.


September 15
I was willing myself to be grateful for this new day, such beautiful greens and yellows, right outside my front door.


I was happy to make it to soccer and watch my favorite goalie and the cute guy standing near the keeper. I love his passion, I love how invested he is in all of us.



September 16
Our little office makes me so happy and these flowers are right outside my window.


We have a new favorite date night spot because its where our favorite waitress works. :)


September 17
Saturday morning soccer on a gorgeous day!









September 18
Aiden outgrew his bike and was self-conscious about riding his sister's pink bike. Pop discovered the need and went on a hunt. He did online research, he drove many miles to pick it up, he cleaned it up and bought some gadgets for it and then delivered a bike that Aiden is SO excited about. They went for a spin around the neighborhood so Dad could walk him through the basics of switching gears. Such a sweet gift!



Pop and Kiki also stopped in for a meal and got both Avery and Kelly, hard at work on their Sunday shift.



Meanwhile, Amanda had agreed to host the soccer team's pasta party. I offered my assistance but she did most of it, including cleanup after. She's an excellent hostess!


I snapped a quick picture of part of the crew before I gave them their space. It made me happy to hear the hum of people enjoying a meal and each other's company.


 

1 comment:

  1. Your kids seem like such neat humans. You are indeed blessed with your crew! Continuing to pray for you from across the miles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.