Monday, September 19, 2022

Project 365, Week 36

Still getting our feet under us school-wise, trying to enjoy the last of summer and dig into all things September.

September 5
We said goodbye to our LobsterFest guests and then headed over to a Labor Day picnic with friends from church. It was relaxing and fun with plentiful food. I got to talk with some people I don't usually have unlimited time with and it was so incredible to see Shaun and Aiden competing on the volleyball court. During our dating years and into our marriage Shaun played in dozens of two-man volleyball tournaments. They were so much fun! So now, 30 years later to see my husband and son playing together was very special.




September 6
In an effort to be as prepared as possible, I rode along with Amy and Colombo to check out Maddy's wedding venue. Their day is coming so soon!


September 7
Aiden's first day of tryouts for the middle school team and I counted 37 boys!!


We joined Shaun at an away scrimmage and he was anxious to hear the details of tryouts from Aiden. I admire the way he is so invested in his family.




The celebration after Avery scored a goal. :)



Have I mentioned how much I love seeing both girls on the field together? Oh, I say it every time? Well, its true. Such a joy!



Shaun and Aiden had a fantasy football draft. They're on the same team and Aiden was amazed to see the preparation that Shaun put in. Good lesson on what solid study habits look like. 


September 8
Amy came over to drop the first round of party supplies. We went to the local nursery to get something for my front porch. On a beautiful day, it was so fun to walk around the sweetest little farm.


September 9
Its that time of year when the entry way is littered with backpacks and soccer cleats.


We stopped on the way home from tryouts to celebrate that Aiden made the team. It was expected because he was on the team last year, but in order to get to this point he had to tryout last year in 7th grade after being cut in 6th. I admire guts.


September 10
When Shaun suggested that he paint the kitchen the day before the shower I readily agreed. For old times sake, why not make the house a disaster right before an event? He has always operated so efficiently under pressure. I can't even say how many times I've been frustrated by his procrastination, by his need to be up against a deadline. But I've grown as a person over the years and I'm tremendously grateful for the ways he is himself.


September 11
Everyone pitched in and worked so hard. We were happy to have an excuse to get some things done that we'd been putting off.


Several people at the shower said to me, if I had this porch I would be out here all the time. I smiled and thought, if I was out here any more than I am it would be irresponsible. :)


Finally...shower time!! Amy did a great job seeing to all the details of the coffee shop theme and the weather cooperated. It was such a fun day and with more than 80 ladies, we set an attendance record at this house. It filled my heart to the brim to have my house full of people.























With teamwork the house was put back together without my involvement and once everyone was gone, I was happy to finish out the day on the couch on football's opening Sunday. Happy sigh.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.