Monday, January 8, 2024

Project 365, Week 1

This is the start of my 16th year of documenting a photo a day. Lotta history here and its only just now begun to strike me as odd that my kids have their entire lives (from my perspective) on the internet. They insist its not weird to them and they enjoy going back and reading through the years. I guess that means we're doing another year!


January 1
We enjoyed our traditional New Year's Day at Shaun's grandmother's house. We ate and played games and it was even mild enough for the kids to play outside. Grateful for family.










January 2
We had a company-wide tax season kickoff meeting. It's kind of a family business and I have lots of family there. During lunch, I caught two of them. :)


January 3
Beyond beautiful on our morning walk.


I had to go get pre-procedure labs done. Amanda took a half day of school and joined me for the four-hour round trip drive. Kim recently moved so now she lives on the way to the cancer center. We stopped in to see them and were completely smitten with her 2.5-year old, who is just so precious and smart and engaging. She's a whole bundle of joy!


January 4
The sky as I was leaving the office.


January 5
The sky on our way to TBQ and youth group.


On Friday nights I check IG and this week I spotted a beauty singing. :)


January 6
How could it be a bad day when it starts with a stunning sunrise.


We got to the church bright and early to help get setup for a TBQ Meet. Its still kind of surreal that our district has its own Teen Quizzing. Its a miracle and proof that God sees our heart's desires.




So very sweet of one of the youth pastors to stop by and show their support.








The kids favorite part of the day is when I make them take a group picture. ;)



With snow forecasted to start, some things got canceled and game night happened.


January 7
We woke up to our first snow of the season. It was so pretty and exciting. Ginger and I took a walk and played with a neighbor's dog, and all plans were canceled for the day. It was nice to be tucked in at home, relaxing, getting things done and playing games.




We met up with cousins for sledding and had better snow conditions than we've had in a couple years. Watching kids in snow and kids in water are two of my favorite things.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world.